Friday, April 27, 2012

What should I ask the doctor?


What questions should I ask my gastroenterologist? More important, I think, is to actually take a little notepad in with you into the doctor's office and have it at the ready when the two of you are having a discussion. A simple thing I know, but chances are it is a costly visit for you and we all want to know the best way to get a handle on UC. I know I would probably forget a few questions and kick myself afterwards for it without taking some prepared questions in with me.

I have some questions prepared for my doctor's visit next week. I'll need to know what meds he will Rx, they will be new this time since Balsalazide Disodium is not helping us (the doc and I) reach our goal of remission.

Not something I was dying to put in the search box on my browser for, but I've heard people had success with a fecal transplant so I will ask about that. I also need to know if some of the bleeding is due to hemmorrhoids and if so, what I can do about that. Also, LDN. LDN is Low Dose Naltrexone, and something I've read that is in general effective, quickly. Sometimes I am severely constipated. I can swing from one extreme to the other, but I thought most with UC just stayed at one extreme. I need to ask about that as well, even though both doctors have told me modifying my diet won't help get UC into remission.

I think the doctor has a certain plan laid out for me if things keep getting worse. But this is my second doctor and things are not progressing as they both were hoping. I've poured thousands of dollars in to this already. So I will be prepared this time with a notepad and questions, ready for action as it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment