Thursday, April 12, 2012

No Wayyyyyyy

So I got another giant medical bill this month. Over $4,000. I called up their office, I simply could not believe it could cost that much. And I have insurance!

I asked why it cost so much. I told them that four grand would be a huge financial burden for me. We went back and forth. More than 5 minutes in to the conversation, the receptionist mentions that if I pay in full this month, the bill would be half off. WHAT. lol. A special only this month, she says. Why on earth did she not tell me this earlier in the conversation?

Why is getting such a discount even possible? It just highlights how flawed the whole medical insurance / billing system is. People that don't call to wonder why they have such a huge bill wouldn't get this magical discount. If I started crying because of the four gees burden and had to end the convo early, I wouldn't have even heard about the discount! Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment