Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fail.

So the Cortifoam didn't help either. I am a bit disappointed that my doctor prescribed it actually. I read up on it, it is mostly hydrocortisone, which I had taken in a cheap form with a previous doctor. They just mixed it right up at the pharmacy for about $25. Cortifoam cost over $200!

Make sure to ask for cheap hydrocortisone mixed up at the pharmacy instead, if your doc wants to prescribe Cortifoam! Many pharmacies don't make their own stuff, but some do next to hospitals. And it didn't even need a prescription. But it is a steroid, so take care.

The doctor had my medical history. I should have checked before I bought the pricey Cortifoam, of course. But I think part of the job of the doctor is to not prescribe basically the same medicine that was shown to not work in my previous medical history.

No comments:

Post a Comment