Thursday, April 5, 2012

Naturally!

No Rx medications are getting UC into remission. I have just started to take Aloe Vera Gels and Boswellia. Apparently the Gels can become habit forming. I will be careful to not become dependent on them. I bought the brand that didn't have that warning on the label, but I will make sure I am aware of this anyways.

I have higher hopes for the Boswellia. It is extract from a kind of tree found in the countryside in India. It can help with UC, and could even help with arthritis, so if it is effective for a double whammy then I am all set!

I figured I should give some natural remedies a try, even though probiotics haven't helped me in the past. All the different Rx drugs I've spent thousands on haven't helped either that much, so I have nothing to lose!

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I too have UC and wanted to try another approach into reaching remission (or possibly a cure). I watched a movie call Fat, Sick and Nearly dead on netflix. The guy in the film has an autoimmune disease too, although not uc. Got me thinking. I'm currently on day 5 of a juice fast. I started during a mild flare. I'm happy to say no cramping, no fatigue, and things are good in general. Not promoting it, but if you have the discipline, maybe your next step would be a fast. Just consult with your doctor first. Mine was all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give these pills a try then ask my doctor about a juice fast, thanks! I am willing to try just about anything at this point. Juice as in straight juice or a kind of smoothie with fruit and maybe protein blended in?

      Delete
  2. I've been doing just fruits and vegetables that I've put through a juicing machine. The whole premise is to give you bowels a rest so there is no fiber to be processed. When you do smoothies, the fiber remains. I personally am not adding protein powder, but I know some people do. Today is day 11 and I had some slight cramping yesterday, but today all is well. Good luck Nate. You can follow my blog here: http://uchealingjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete