Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wow.

My Asacol HD meds cost me $640 this month! Insane. The discount card program ran out at the end of 2010, I called the manufacturer to check. Now they just give about $50 off... which still runs me over six hundred big ones.

I called Humana about insurance for me, they can only offer me supplemental insurance. When I told her how much my meds cost this month, their rep on the phone said 'Wow.' Wow, indeed.

The lady at the pharmacy looked at how much I had to pay and she said 'God bless you.'

I am not sure what to do. I will look into ordering from Canada, I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. That sucks, I'm so sorry. The only solution I've found to the pre-existing condition bs most insurance companies treat as gospel is to get my insurance through my job. Can you do something like that or are you limited to purchasing your own?

    For what it's worth, I got some pretty deep discounts by ordering from Canada - I was taking Pentasa at the time, not Asacol, but I'm certain they were close in price in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am self employed currently, so I need to wait til summer until I can get insurance that should cover this. Even then I expect the premium to be double and Rx costs to be high but not as high as before.

    Is there a Canadian website you can recommend? It is so hard to figure out what is legit and what isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ordered from Canada since...2003, I think. So I can't really remember. Sorry. I'll check with my folks, since I was living with them at the time; perhaps they'll recall.

    ReplyDelete